About Thibodaux
                                                 <<click red lettering for more information

Acadia Plantation is in progress, and has been incorporated into the city limits of Thibodaux, Louisiana.  Thibodaux is located in Lafourche Parish within the Cajun Country Region, southwest of New Orleans between Napoleonville and Larose along Highway 1 on the banks of Bayou Lafourche near Gray and Schriever. Thibodaux is near Houma, Louisiana.
 
Thibodaux History
 
Founded on Bayou Lafourche, Thibodaux was a trading post between New Orleans and the Bayou Teche country in the late 1700ís. In 1808, once the Louisiana Purchase was completed, the community became the parish seat of Lafourche Interior.

Thibodaux was named for Henry Schuyler Thibodaux who was one of the early settlers. His property was divided up into lots to be sold. It was originally incorporated in 1830 as Thibodauxville, but the name was changed in 1838 by Governor E.D. White, a resident of the parish, to Thibodeaux. In 1918, the official spelling was changed to its current form, Thibodaux.
 
For more in formation on Thibodaux, visit their Chamber of Commerce.
 

   

 

© Copyright 2017, Acadia Plantation. All rights reserved.